CSA week 13, and it’s tomato season! Beautiful tomatoes, both slicers and Roma paste style, are in the box this week. The box was so heavy that I almost had to ask for help carrying it to my car!
This week’s box holds:
- 1 huge cantaloupe
- about 3 pounds green beans
- 3 big Beefsteak-style tomatoes
- 3 Roma paste tomatoes
- 1 quart of gloriously ripe yellow cherry tomatoes
- a big bunch basil
- 6 ears corn
- 1 ripe red pepper (long style)
- 1 Romanesco broccoli
- some kind of hard-shell winter squash
- 2 big cucumbers
Obviously there’ll be a lot of tomato goodies this week.