I just picked up my CSA distribution for week 3. You can see that there is more in the box every week – this means that I need to spend time every Tuesday thinking about how I’ll use the bounty.
Here’s the start of a list of ideas of what I might make with this – and yes, I still have some of last week’s veggies to use up, especially the beets, which are going either into a salad or a cake!
- Vietnamese pickled daikon and carrots from White on Rice Couple
- use raw kohlrabi slices as ‘chips’ to go with white bean and garlic scape dip
- pasta with Swiss chard and bacon
- potato & chard frittata
- greens with white beans and tomatoes
- escarole soup with white beans and sausage
- tiny strawberry tarts
- pizza margherita with fresh basil
- beet salad with feta, walnuts, and mint
- beet chocolate cake