I love pickup days at City Commons CSA. I walk to the cooler shed, open the door, and find a stack of many boxes. What exactly will be in the one I choose?
This week, my share (also called my treasure box) contains Swiss chard, purple onions, Kirby cucumbers, a bundle of mixed herbs, potatoes. tomatoes, green beans, salad greens, and squash blossoms. I start to imagine all sorts of good things to make with these vegetables!
- tomato gratin
- fresh tomato tart
- squash blossom fritters from The Parsley Thief
- squash blossom quesadillas from Simply Recipes
- cucumber & tomato salad
- quick refrigerator dill pickles from Smitten Kitchen
- NOTE: I made these last week. They’re very easy, and very, very good!
- quick (canned) dill pickles
- Japanese cucumber salad (sunomono)
- dilly beans
- Tuscan potato pizza: white pizza, thin sliced potatoes, drizzles of pesto
- rustic potato pizza from Green Kitchen Stories
- potatoes with green beans and pesto
- potato and chard frittata
- Greek village salad: horiatiki
- Dolmas: stuffed chard